At Sacks Morasha we aim to give our pupils many different learning opportunities both inside and outside of the classroom, ensuring they are part of the community they belong in as well as the wider community at large.
Morasha Year 6 Cares July 2020
Morasha Cares is a pivotal point in the Sacks Morasha Y6 Calendar and even though we were in the midst of coronavirus that did not stop us from teaching the Y6 pupils the importance of saying thank you, of giving rather than receiving and appreciating all that they have. The activities were restricted but this did not stop the message coming out loud and clear to our pupils and a thoroughly enjoyable week was had by everyone. Activities included;
- Having bake sales to raise money for charities such as Jewish Care
- Washing cars in carpark to say thank you to the hardworking staff
- Drawing and writing cards to the various hospitals the children’s parents are associated with.
Morasha Cares Week 2018
For their penultimate week at Sacks Morasha, our Year 6 Pupils had a particular focus on giving back to the wider community. We created a week called ‘Morasha Cares’ and our pupils carried out our SMART values as they participated in the following activities:
- A GIFT/Tesco £10 challenge for families in need
- Some pupils helped in the Sharon Nursery and helped Kinless office with their mailing
- They collected and packed clothes and toys for Norwood to give to needy families around England
- They made salads for SUTRA – a Muslim charity with connections to Norwood
- They visited Ashfield Care home on Castle Road. They played cards and ‘catch’ with the residents whilst keeping them company
- They offered ‘Story Time’ at Waterstones on the High Street
- They helped to set up the Sacks Morasha Library
- They helped Reception with their activities
They showed our community that Morasha really does CARE.